[galib] Objective function evaluation with GAListGenome

David R White drw at cs.york.ac.uk
Mon Feb 22 12:27:07 EST 2010

Hi,

Please forgive me if this is an obvious question.

I'm using a GAListGenome.  I have a mutation operator that adds,
removes, or changes a node in the genome.  When I add or remove a node,
then the individual is re-evaluated before the next generation.
However, if instead I change a value in a node it is not re-evaluated.

I am correctly returning an integer number reflecting the number of
mutations made within my mutation function.

Please could someone explain why this happens?  I would have thought
that the fact I'd made a mutation would imply that the individual should
be re-evaluated.

Thanks,

David

--