[galib] Error during compilation in MSVC++ 2010

Sarkar, Arup sarkar.arup at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 20:32:08 EST 2010

Hi:

I downloaded GALib version 247. I compiled as documented, using the
following command

nmake /f makefile.vcpp

I got ga.lib.

I am now trying to create a vc++ project, referencing ga.lib. In my MSVC ide
I have set the following.

C/C++ -> General -> Additional Include Directories = path to where the
header files reside
Linker -> Input -> Additional Dependencies = ga.lib
Linker -> General -> Additional Library Directories = path to where the
ga.lib resides

I created a vc++ solution based on ex1, when I am compiling I am getting a
lot of linker errors. Primarily, the error output mentions msvcprtd.lib and
libcmtd.lib

Error Output:
1>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP100D.dll) : error LNK2005: "public: class
std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > & __thiscall
std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> >::flush(void)"
(?flush@?$basic_ostream at DU?$char_traits at D@std@@@std@@QAEAAV12 at XZ) already
defined in ga.lib(GA2DBinStrGenome.o)
1>LIBCMTD.lib(setlocal.obj) : error LNK2005: __configthreadlocale already
defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR100D.dll)

My OS is Windows Pro 7, x86_64.

I would really appreciate if someone can help me in compiling the examples
in MSVC++ ide.

--
Regards,
Arup