[galib] My GALib is not running on RedHat 5

Peter Jay Salzman p at dirac.org
Mon Jan 21 09:47:28 EST 2008

On Mon 21 Jan 08,  1:39 AM, Afees Adegoke <talktogok at gmail.com> said:
>  Hi,
> I am having some problem installing GAlib on linux Redhat
> the make and the make install keeps on giving error
> and I have tried to edit the makevars and the makefile
> there was really nothing much to change. Pls assist me
> I want to get started with GALib. I presently work on pentium M
> 1.8 and my system is Running on RedHat 5.
>
> Thank U
>
> Goke

Goke,

If the error you're seeing is "I/O error", it means your hard drive is
failing and will need to be replaced.  I highly recommend replacing your
hard drive and reinstalling RedHat as soon as possible, since you may very
well lose data in the near future.

I assumed that the error message is "I/O error" -- if you see a different
error message, you may need to do something else.

HTH,
Pete

Last night I dreamt of 09-f9-11-02-9d-74-e3-5b-d8-41-56-c5-63-56-88-c0

"A mathematician is a machine for converting coffee    p at dirac.org
 into theorems."     -- Paul Erdös                     http://www.dirac.org