[galib] Python binding for GALib

Anselmo Pitombeira anselmop at sc.usp.br
Sun Oct 28 14:07:46 EDT 2007

Hi, everybody. I am studying the boost.python library, which allows
seamless interoperability between Python and C++, and I was wondering
whether it would be profitable to have an GALib interface for Python. I
am currently interested in simulation optimization, and I am using an
excellent Python module called "SimPy". Besides, I have my genetic
algorithms written in C++, and I'd like to use them to optimize my
simulation model written in SimPy. I could use IPC, but I think this is
too awkward and platform-specific. Another option is to write the GA's
from scratch in Python, but I think this wouldn't be much clever.
Finally, I came across the idea of interfacing GALib with Python by
means of boost.python. What do you think? Have any of you ever tried to
do this?

I look forward to your answers.

Anselmo