[galib] GA Problem

Peter Jay Salzman p at dirac.org
Sun Nov 4 01:48:22 EDT 2007

Hi Somnath,

If you have a GUI, look at the project properties.  You'll find an option
for static lib vs DLL vs. exe project.  Pick lib.  Wish I could tell you
more, but I don't have Windows at home, so I won't be able to check until I
go to work on Monday.

If you're building on command line, I'm sure there's some kind of switch to
build a DLL.  You'll have to Google that.

HTH,
Pete

On Sun 04 Nov 07,  9:56 AM, Somnath Bhattacharjee <sn.bhattacharjee at yahoo.co.in> said:
>    Thanks Pete,
>
>    Actually I'm a beginner in Genetic Algorithm.I am working with VC++ 2005
>    Express edition. But it doesn't matter on which I'm working.I tried with
>    C,C++,java also, but without proper installation and compilation guide I
>    failed. I got a compilation guide of GA in VC++ 2005 Exp edition. And I
>    tried with that but still having some problem. If you think that according
>    to you GA is comfortable by any other process, then please tell me.I can
>    work with Windows and Linux.
>
>    I'm not sure that wheather I'm building LIB or DLL, I just followed
>    compilation guide from the link
>
>    http://hyperdrifter.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13&Itemid=1
>

>    Regards
>    Somnath
>

>    Hi Somnath,
>
>    I'm not really a Windows programmer, so this is simply a stab in the dark.
>
>    Are you SURE you're building this as a LIB?  It looks like you're building
>    this as a DLL.  You can do that, but it requires a considerable number of
>    changes to the non-template class definitions.
>
>    If you have your heart set on a DLL, then be prepared for some detective
>    work..  Hint: When you Google, you'll find some highly useful posts, but
>    they
>    don't mention that you ALSO must import/export the non-member utility
>    functions too, since they're also symbols to be exposed.
>
>    Pete

>    Why delete messages? Unlimited storage is just a click away.

Last night I dreamt of 09-f9-11-02-9d-74-e3-5b-d8-41-56-c5-63-56-88-c0

"A mathematician is a machine for converting coffee    p at dirac.org
 into theorems."     -- Paul Erdös                     http://www.dirac.org