[galib] Getting several genomes of only 0's after completion of first generation, before mutation and crosso

David Love wvpryde at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 18 17:14:11 EST 2007

Hi everyone,

I'm doing a GASimpleGA using the GA1DArrayGenome data type.  I've noticed that after the GA has finished evaluating the first generation I receive several genomes for evaluation where every gene is given by 0.0, which occurs before the mutation and crossover operations.  For my problem, a genome with only zero entries is invalid, so the algorithm cannot continue.

Is it possible for me to avoid getting these zero genomes?   If so, how?

If you need any more information about what I am doing, I can try to provide that.

Thanks,
David