[galib] How to define a population based objective function?

Christian Samuel Perone christian_perone at yahoo.com.br
Wed Sep 28 09:49:40 EDT 2005

Hello,
You can define the Objective function first
declaring the function like this:

float Objective(GAGenome& g) {
  GA2DBinaryStringGenome & genome =
(GA2DBinaryStringGenome &)g;
  float score=0.0;
  int count=0;
  for(int i=0; i<genome.width(); i++){
    for(int j=0; j<genome.height(); j++){
      if(genome.gene(i,j) == 0 && count%2 == 0)
	score += 1.0;
      if(genome.gene(i,j) == 1 && count%2 != 0)
	score += 1.0;
      count++;
    }
  }
  return score;
}

then in the declaration of the genome you
define like this:

GA2DBinaryStringGenome genome(width, height,
objective);

Read the ex1.C in the examples directory of default
galib package.

I hope this help you.

- Christian S. Perone