[galib] initialising/restarting GA from a given population...

Demet Erbas Demet.Erbas at pet.hw.ac.uk
Wed Oct 19 09:38:10 EDT 2005

Hi,

I have a question about initializing GA search. I want GA search start
from the population that I provide externally. I did it very simply with
genome.initializer as follows;

// this is defined in the main program

ifstream init("init.pop");

genome.initializer(Init);

// here is the initializer, it reads the initial population from the
file called 'init.pop'

void

Init(GAGenome& g){

GARealGenome& genome = (GARealGenome &)g;

genome.read(init);

return;

}

This works fine, but I don't want GA evaluate this initial population. I
want it to read the objective function values from the file as well as
the individuals. How can I do this? Any suggestion?

Demet Erbas

PhD Candidate

Institute of Petroleum Engineering

Heriot-Watt University