[galib] Help

Lin Zheng lariesjz03 at msn.com
Tue Nov 8 09:37:41 EST 2005

Hi All,
   I planning to use GA library for my project, but I do not know if GA
library is suitable for it or not.  I have read over the manuals and other
threads, but I couldn't figure out how GA library can be integrated into my
project. I do not want to waste a lot of time figuring out how GA library
works, and turned out that is not suitable for my project.  Can anyone
please give me some suggestions?

  The following is a brief explanation for my project:
         My project consists of a 139 by 139 array filled with
pre-calculated fitness values.  The whole genetic algorithm is going to
start from the position of an element in the array.  I need to do crossover
and mutation with the decimal values which indicate the position of the
elements.  (Basically, if I want to start at row 23 and column 30, I need to
convert these numbers into binary and then do crossover and mutation with
other positions.)   Then based on the fitness values stored in the array,
new generations are formed.

       Hope this is not too confusing.  Thanks for the help.

Lin Zheng