[galib] How to change MIN/MAX mapping values in a GABin2DecPhenotype

dario longo dario.longo at unito.it
Wed Jun 15 08:10:04 EDT 2005

Dear Christian Perone,thank you for your answer. I'll try to explain better my problem:I've a function wich depends by 5 variables, I'm using GABin2DecGenome to find 5 values that are in agreement with my objective funtions, in my case with experimental data (y).y = f(x1, x2, x3, x4, x5) I would to start by setting a large range for every variables, then after a number of ga steps I would to restrict the range of exploration for one or more variables and, if possible, keep a variable constant (with equal min and max values) so to follow which happens when I change the space of exploration of GA. To do it I think to vary the min and max values of phenotypes, in this way the value for (example) the second variable (or phenotype) will be a random number searched first between 0 and 1000 and then between 10 and 100.I would to vary the space of searching because every variable has a physical meaning and each of them influences the others. So I would to understand in which way others variables are modified by different values of only one . I know that introducing a smaller range for exploration I bias the search, but in my opinion is the best way to understand how variables are relationated.One way is to do more ga run with different values,  but i'm trying to do it by interactive way (i read the min/max values by standard input).I hope this explanation is clearer so to suggest me a way to solve my problem,thank you very much,dario longo