[galib] Parallel Genetic Algorithm with GALIB

matthew wall mwall at oculustech.com
Wed Jul 13 17:40:54 EDT 2005

On 13 Jul 2005, at 16:10, Leonardo Zanforlin wrote:

> Hello! I need to make a parallel genetic algorithm and going to use
> galib + PVM.
>
> I note that GALIB has some .C and .H files for parallel algoritms. I'm
> using visual studio 6.0. So, what I need to do with these files?
> Compile them with the others files in "\ga" folder and make a .lib
> file? Or these files are only interpreted?
>
> Thanks for help
> Léo

the pvm examples that come with galib were not written for windows -
they may work with vcpp6, but it will probably take some tweaking.
and i am certain that pvm has come a long way since the pvm examples
were written.

you might want to consider bryce bockman's mpigalib:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mpigalib/

bryce has written some classes that integrate mpi with galib