[galib] questions on the use of galib

nikos loukeris nikosloukeris at yahoo.gr
Mon Jan 24 07:58:54 EST 2005

Goodmorning from sunny Crete, Greece

As a part of my master Thesis I am obliged to run a genetic algorithms programm, so i downloaded galib which seems the finest choise. I am not very much experienced on C++ (2 weeks of reading a C++ book and some practice) so I have some questions:
a) Which files excactly i have to download? I downloaded all and currently i am trying to run the  galib246pre1.tgz . Am I right?
b) From the above file which is the project workspace which activates each library?
c) I tryied to use MainFrm.cpp and I received 4 errors, is that possible?? These are the results:
 --------------------Configuration: MainFrm - Win32 Debug--------------------
Linking...
nafxcwd.lib(thrdcore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __endthreadex
nafxcwd.lib(thrdcore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __beginthreadex
libcd.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main
Debug/MainFrm.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.
MainFrm.exe - 4 error(s), 0 warning(s)
d) When I download galib246pre1.tgz i create a special file and from there I enter the examples file where I use ex10.dsw and when I compile it I get an error:
 --------------------Configuration: ex10 - Win32 Debug--------------------
Compiling...
ex10.C
c:\windows\επιφάνεια εργασίας\c++ ga.files\galib246pre1\examples\ex10.c(19) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'ga.h': No such file or directory
Error executing cl.exe.
ex10.obj - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

How can I use the GAlib? I have read the manual but it is not enlighting to a new user of C++. What shall I do?

I am waiting to hearing from you soon
Good evening
Nikos