[galib] GALib in VC6.0++

Gunaratnam Sooriyakumar Soori at CTDYNAMICS.com
Mon Jan 17 12:29:41 EST 2005

Hi Mathew,

Examples written in Visual C++ 5 (example 1, 11 and 25 downloaded from GA
ftp site) are not working with visual C++ 6.0.  Also when I open these
examples in VC++ 6.0 the class wizard in the VC++ does not become active. I
want to modify these examples (connecting to Excel) with adding Excel type
library. But as class wizard is not active I couldn't do it.  I am very new
to VC++.

My final program is going to be (optimization program):

1.    Getting inputs from Excel (constraints)

2.    Formula for the calculation of objective function is also in the
Excel. So inside the objective function excel will be called.

3.    Results will be sent back to Excel.

So just I want to know how can I call excel in one of these examples in VC++
6.0 can modify that example according to my need.

Regards

Soori

Gunaratnam Sooriyakumar

PhD Research Student (University of East London)

Research and Development Division

Control Techniques Dynamics Ltd.

Tel: 0044 (0)1264 387611

Fax: 0044 (0)1264 356561

they are addressed.
originator of the message. This footer also confirms that this
email message has been scanned for the presence of computer viruses.

states them to be the views of Control Techniques Dynamics Ltd.

Scanning of this message and addition of this footer is performed
by SurfControl SuperScout Email Filter software in conjunction with
virus detection software.