[galib] Variable mutation rate

Tim-Oliver Husser mail at husser.de
Sat Dec 17 08:00:58 EST 2005

Hi,

I am quite new to galib, so please accept my apologies, if this
question has already been asked. But I haven't found it in the
archive...
Up to now I have been working with the IDL implementation of PIKAIA,
but due to its lack of speed I am currently porting my code to C++. As
genetic algorithm library I use - surprise - galib, because it seems
to be a very stable and tidy library.
But there is one option I miss from PIKAIA: variable mutation rates.
When there hasn't been a large change in fitness over the last
generations the mutation rate should increase. Is this possible in
galib?

Cheers,
Tim-Oliver