[galib] Defining GALIB class objects

Mert Tas mert_tas at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 4 11:01:48 EDT 2004

Hi everybody,

I have a problem about defining the GALIB class objects outside the main().
For example when I want to define  a GA1DBinaryStringGenome object inside a function other than main() as follows:

int SomeFunction()
{

GA1DBinaryStringGenome genome(20, objective);

GASteadyStateGA ga(genome);

}

int main() {

SomeFunction();

return 0;

}

the compiler gives the following error:

Error C2664
'__thiscall GA1DBinaryStringGenome::GA1DBinaryStringGenome(unsigned int,float (__cdecl *)(class GAGenome &),void *)' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'float (class GAGenome &)' to 'float (__cdecl *)(class GAGenome &)'

Does anybody have any suggestion how to define these GALIB class objects inside a function ?
Thanks and bye.