[galib] Obtain "bestIndividual()" value

gio sarto teofilo68 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 9 15:15:34 EST 2004

When you use GAGenome's that are a derived of
GAArray (it is the case for GARealGenome),
all you need to do is to cast it to its actual type:

// before doing this you may want to check
// that the identity is correct, use
ga.statistics().bestIndividual().classID() ==
GAID::ArrayGenome;
// or the C++ dynamic_cast< T > operator
// then cast
GARealGenome& gr = ga.statistics().bestIndividual();

// then you can use either the ::gene(int i) method
x = gr.gene(i);  // 0<= i <= gr.size()
// or the indexing operator:
x = gr[i];

// or you can even cast the genome to a pointer to
// double, and then index this directly:
double* pgenome = (double*) gr;
x = pgenome[i];
// this holds in general for any genome calass that
// is derived from GAArray<T>, not only for
GARealGenome.

Have a look at the header files:
GAArray.h and GA1DArrayGenome.h

Cheers