[galib] An urgent question about using GALib to do a kind of optimization

chen feng dbxmcf at hotmail.com
Mon May 24 10:07:59 EDT 2004

Dear Sir or Madam:

     There is one simple problem described as follows:
     now we have a function

No. of variables: 4

Objective Function:
Minimize:
	f[x]=x1+1/x2+sin(x3)+cos(x4)

constrains:
	x1=1, 2 (means x1 can be 1 or 2 only)
	x2=-3, 4, 7 (means x2 can be -3, 4 or 7 only)
	3<=x3<=5
	7.4<=x3<=9.1

I think this problem can be resolved using GAlib, would you please give me
an example to resolve the above problem.
I have successfully compiled 27 examples under Visual C++6.0+Windows XP
Environment.
I have solved several problem using GALib such as the one described in
Ex9(all variables are continous variables subject to certain boundaries and
constrains).

  I am looking forward to your response at your earliest convenience.
  Thank you very much for your help!

Sincerely,

Chen Feng
Department of Civil Engineering