[galib] error C2678 again

Suetlam Chung slfchung at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 4 11:57:12 EDT 2004

Well, I stuck at the following problem for a long time
here is my further information, which I hope someone
can help me out the trap.

I am using winXP, VC6.0++, I've add library
galib244-win, ie. "glib244-win\ga\" into the
directories aleady.  I use the ex1.cpp to try the
program. Also I've amended the gaconfig to include
the #define NO_STREAMS under the section of by default
we use old stream......

I've tried other example and encouter various kinds of
compiler errors..Indeed, I just want to run an example
first and see how to start...the game....it is
interesting for using Galib...

Felix

I read the maillist and found someone had the same
error before but no solution found. Can anyone tell me
more spcific solution solve my problem??

The error is below

error C2679: binary '<<' : no operator defined which
takes a right-hand operand of type 'const class
GAGenome' (or there is no acceptable conversion)
Error executing cl.exe.

It indicates the source code at
cout << "The GA found:\n" <<
ga.statistics().bestIndividual() << "\n";