[galib] how to compil the examples

Nate Barney barney at chgr.mc.vanderbilt.edu
Thu Apr 1 16:42:26 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-01 at 09:07, foricher.david at free.fr wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I must work with the ga library for a work placement. I've installed the
> library (ga.lib, ...) but I can't compil the examples (I use VC++). Here are
> the errors :

<snip>

> I don't realy know VC++ (I usually use gcc or devcpp) so if anyone could help
> me, because it's very important.

One of the problems Visual C++ has with galib is that windows filenames
are case insensitive.  Since the c++ source files for galib are *.C,
vc++ thinks that they are c source code, not c++.  What you get in that
situation are a lot of compiler errors.  I'm not sure if this is the
problem you're having, but if it is, one solution is to rename all of
the *.C files to *.cpp.  You'll have to update a few of the #include
statements that include the *.C files, but then it should work properly.

Nate