[galib] Allele sets of integers

Nate Barney barney at chgr.mc.vanderbilt.edu
Fri Dec 12 18:21:14 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-12-12 at 16:11, Bertrand Mesot wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> This code works well on my system which is a RedHat 9.

Yes, it works well on mine too.  I had commented out the troupblesome
code and inserted code that works but is less than desirable.

if you uncomment the line that reads:

//GAAlleleSet<unsigned char> allele(0,0xFF)

and comment out the lines that read:

GAAlleleSet<unsigned char> allele;
for (int i = 0; i < 0xFF; ++i)
    allele.add(i);

you'll see the error.  What I'm looking for is to find some way of
defining a range of integers in an allele without explicitly adding each
one.

> My advise is:
>
> 1) Check the version of GALib you are using, mine is 245.

Also using 245

> 2) Check the version of your compiler, maybe updates are available.

g++ 3.2.2 -- there are newer versions, but this one has been pretty
solid so far.

> 3) Which flags are you using to compile GALib? Try compiling it again.

no special flags

> 4) If nothing work... the problem is probably somewehere else ;-)

I'm pretty sure the problem is in my code.  Specifically, the part that
defines the allele set.  I'm trying to find out the right way to do what
it is that I'm trying to do.

Thanks for your help,
Nate