[galib] Allele sets of integers

Nate Barney barney at chgr.mc.vanderbilt.edu
Wed Dec 10 15:43:36 EST 2003

Hi,

I'm using allele sets in my code so that I can use the uniform
initializer on my array genomes.  I'm trying to set up the allele set so
that it represents a range of integer values, for example 0x0000 to
0xFFFF.  After reading the documentation, it seemed like I could do this
with code similar to the following:

GAAlleleSet<unsigned short> allele(0x0000,0xFFFF);

However, when I try to use this in my application, I get the following
error:

GAAlleleSet::allele(unsigned int):
  this method has not been defined.
  /usr/local/include/ga/GAAllele.C : 219

I was able to get the program to work by adding each integer in the
range as a value, like this:

GAAlleleSet<unsigned short> allele;
for (int i = 0; i < 0xFFFF; ++i)
    allele.add(i);

but this is kind of ugly.  Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?  Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nate