[galib] None

VINAY VENKATARAGHAVAN venkatra at engr.smu.edu
Tue Aug 26 12:10:13 EDT 2003

What I meant when I asked the question as to how is the solution being
obtained is that the objective of the program was to fill a string with
alternating 1's and 0's.

1. Therefore, how does the evolution process in this
example and case evolve only the fittest  individuals. Since in this case
I do not see any selection happening.

2. What is the basis for populating the genomes for subsequent
generations.
Is it as per the genome with the highest score in the current generation.

3. How is the mutation and combination taking place. Where and when does
it
take place. At which stage of the process in a particular generation. For
example for a particular generation: are all the individuals first
evaluated and only after that is the mutation and crossover applied? At
what point does mutation and crossover take place?

Thank you for the previous response. It really helped.

Vinay