graph colouring

Rolland-Balzon Philippe prolland at sepro-robotique.com
Mon Oct 21 07:22:33 EDT 2002

Dear all,
I would like to use galib in order to solve graph Coloring problem.
For this I'm using ex3.c, in input file, I'm giving a symetric binary
matrix (graph are simple without loop) like the following:

5
5
0 1 1 1 0
1 0 1 1 0
1 1 0 1 0
1 1 1 0 0
0 0 0 0 0

Number of color is between 1 and  5, and I have an objective Function
which increase value when between two adjacents vertex are differents
color, and 0 in other case. In the small example,
it's good.
For small graph no problemo, but on planar graph (ie only 4 colors ...)
with 20  vertices, I'm finding 16 or 18 colors.
My problem: the results are bad, in the sense, for large graph number of
color is too big, in return it seems that for small graphs results is
good. I would like to find 5 or 6 colors not 18.
Best regards.