genome encoding?

Johan Andersson johan at ikp.liu.se
Wed Oct 2 13:27:45 EDT 2002

Dear Galib users,

could anyone please help me with the following problem?
I want to create a genome that shall among other things represent a set of parameters of discrete choices. Depending on the value of each discrete parameter there are a different number of real parameters that has to be determined.
For example: Consider the design of a system where one function could be solved by several different components and where each component is described by a set of different real number parameters. Thus I have to choose with which component to solve the problem and then how to parameterize it. Furthermore, one component might be described by for example two reals, whereas another component is described by five reals.
This seems like a fairly common problem, but so far I haven't found any references on how to solve it.
I am very grateful for any help!

Best regards

/Johan

Johan Andersson