Hello

Brian S. Julin bri at tull.umassp.edu
Tue Jun 18 22:21:10 EDT 2002

Hi,

I am currently taking a half-serious look at implementing
an idea that keeps me up at night thinking, so that I can get a
decent night's sleep.  I'd appreciate any comments on it.

http://mojo.calyx.net/~bri/writings/decay.html

Obviously I'm new to genetic algs so be kind :-)

Also, on an aside I just spent the good portion of an hour
going through all the GA projects at sourceforge, and I'm struck
by the large number of 1-person projects that all have the same
aims... I can understand the division between the Java and C++
camps in this area, but is it just that noone has gone around and
made the right overtures to get people to cooperate on the same
projects, or is it that way because everyone finds nits to pick
with other people's genetic algorithm APIs?

At any rate galib seems to be the most established project among
them, and I'm no Java fan, so odds are if I do manage to get
anywhere on this I'll try galib first.

Thanks,

--
Brian