Initialization

Milko Kuilekov milko_kuilekov at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 29 10:44:14 EST 2002

Dear Researchers,
I'm a PhD student in Technical University of Ilmenau, Germany. I'm using
Your programme for solving inverse field problems. I have the following
problem:
Above fixed number of generations there is a saturation in cost function and
one value is repeated. Diversity is lost and solution converges to far away
point. I'm using SimpleGA and GABin2DecGenome. That I accept and I want to
continue from the point I reach with different algorithms or parameters. So
I have to insert the solution in a new loop.
Can You please tell me how to insert my 12 variables as a initial population
and to start from that point and fitness a completely new loop with
GABin2DecGenome. I want to insert real numbers converted into initial binary
string alleles without using fixed or non-fixed seed.
Can You also tell me what does it mean that seed when it is used for string
initialisation. What is the function which converts the seed into initial
binary string. How is implemented that representation and how can be
controlled precisely?

Thank You for Your attention!

Senserely,

Milko Kuilekov