genome evaluation

G.Spagnuolo spanish at ieee.org
Mon Apr 16 14:07:11 EDT 2001

Hi galib-ers,
I am using a non stationary penalty function for solving a constrained
optimization problem.
I've implemented a steady state ga with, we say for example,
gaNpReplacement=0.7.
Nevertheless, as the penalty function changes its value, the individuals
survived from one generation to the subsequent have to be re-evaluated,
while the "new" individuals does not need to be re-evaluated.
Now, my question is the following: is it enough to update the first 30% of
the population after the ga-step is completed?
I think this is not right, because after the ga.step the individuals are
re-ordered on the basis of objective functions that refers to two different
generations.
This problem occurs whenever the objective function change with the
generation index (from 0 to the maximum number of generations allowed).
Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

Best regards.

G.Spagnuolo

--
Dr. Giovanni Spagnuolo, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
e-mail: spanish at ieee.org

"You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers.
You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions."
Naguib Mahfouz