Galib and Visual C++ 6.0 Compiler. Please Help

E Pranoto mcaiiep4 at ist4.co.umist.ac.uk
Mon Apr 9 20:51:37 EDT 2001

Hi all,

Am working using galib 245 at this moment.
I have done successfully compiling library with 0 error, 0 warning.
But I got the following message bellow after compiling ex25.C

Compiling...
ex25.C
G:\MyProject\msvcpp\ex25.C(50) : error C2679: binary '<<' : no operator defined  which takes a
right-hand operand of type 'const class GAStatistics' (or there is no  acceptable conversion)
Error executing cl.exe.

ex25.exe - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I have tried to do exactly what is stated in
http://lancet.mit.edu/ga/FAQ.html :
1. I have turned off streams in config.h directly in the first line after
    comments as following:

    /* .. Comment . . */
    #define NO_STREAMS                                      // *Turn off Streams*
    #if !defined(USE_OLD_STREAMS) &&
         !defined(USE_ANSI_STREAMS)&&
         !defined (NO_STREAMS)
    #define USE_ANSI_STREAMS
    #endif

2.  I have forced VCPP to ignore the LIBCD library using the ignore
   libraries option in project setting, but still the same result.

I use VC++ 6.0 compiler, and Win NT 4.0 o/s.

Any idea? Thanks very much indeed in advanced.

Regards,

Edy Pranoto
Department of Computation
UMIST