Help Regarding GAlib in MSVC++ 6.0

Sunil Jha suniljha at iitk.ac.in
Mon Oct 2 15:15:08 EDT 2000

Dear Sir,
    I am able to build library in MSVC++6.0, without any difficulty. But when I am trying to compile and build sample programs TSPdemo or some other program downloaded from your website, Compilation is successful but I am recieving following error while linking :
--------------------Configuration: tspdemo - Win32 Debug--------------------
Linking...
tspdemoView.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall GADCrowdingGA::step(void)" (?step at GADCrowdingGA@@UAEXXZ)
tspdemoView.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall GADCrowdingGA::initialize(unsigned int)" (?initialize at GADCrowdingGA@@UAEXI at Z)
Debug/tspview.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

tspview.exe - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)
Please write me how can I resolve this kind of error.

Also Please write explicitly what changes I have to make in GAconfig.h for successful compilation of examples in MSVC++6.0. The original file is creating some problems with cout,cin,ostream,istream etc objects.

Please help me by writing email as soon as possible. I am in trouble.Lastly,  I would like to express my thanks for such a good library for Genetic algorithm.

Sunil Jha
Ph.D Scholar ,
Mechanical Engg. Department,
Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur,