Help in compiling galib on sun

Jason Rennie jrennie at ai.mit.edu
Mon May 15 16:25:37 EDT 2000

mohana at iitk.ac.in said:
> i am a new user of galib. Can anyone please help me in the changes I
> require to make in the files to compile on Solaris. I have the CC
> compiler installed.

GAlib is C++ code.  Hence, at the very least, you need a C++ compiler.
CC may not be.  I recommend that you use the GNU C++ compiler.  It might
be installed on your system as 'g++'.  If so, you can probably just run
"make" and "make install" as suggested in the GAlib README.

I was able compile GAlib on a SunOS 5.6 box using exactly that procedure.
No special tricks were needed.  If you have difficult to understand
compiler errors, you may wish to post those exact errors along with the
exact commands that you issued.  Compilation errors are often difficult to
resolve without exact details.

Jason Rennie
(617) 253-5339
jrennie at ai.mit.edu