My Genome

Vijay G Kovvali vkovvali at mailcity.com
Mon Jun 19 16:03:56 EDT 2000

I have a Genome of the following structure

class MyGenome
{
  private:
    int CycleLength;
    std::vector<int> OffsetVec;  //Offset Vector
    std::vector<int> SequenceVec; //Phasing Sequence Vector
    std::vector<std::vector<float> > GreenVec; //Green Splits Vector
  public:
    MyClass(int NoOfInts);
};

Where the size of my vectors will be equal to NoOfInts input in the constructor. I was thinking that I can convert this structure to a 1DArray of floats and do the GA operations. My question is, how do I set the min and max values of each of the elements?

For instance,
  CycleLength varies between MinC and MaxC;
  Offset between 0 and 1;
  Sequence between 0 and MaxSeq; and
  Green between 0 and 1.

I just started with GALib, and couldn't find any basic examples that use GA1DArray, and that do some kind of mapping of elements to their min and max values. Thank you for any help you can extend.

Also, if there is a better way of approaching my problem than a 1DArray, please suggest.

Thank you,

Vijay

Send FREE Greetings for Father's Day--or any day!
Click here: http://www.whowhere.lycos.com/redirects/fathers_day.rdct