compiling galib under Suse Linux 6.4

Daniel Bisig dbisig at ifi.unizh.ch
Wed Jul 5 12:05:15 EDT 2000

Hi,

I am new to Linux and would like to compile the galib245 distribution
under Suse Linux 6.4 using gnu c++ compiler. For some reasons make
aborts very soon reporting it can't find iostream.h and fstream.h.

The exact error report is as follows:

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bisig/GA/galib245/ga'
cd examples; make
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/bisig/GA/galib245/examples'
g++ -g -Wall -O -fexceptions -O0 -I.. -c randtest.C
In file included from ../ga/garandom.h:49,
                 from randtest.C:13:
../ga/gaconfig.h:243: iostream: No such file or directory
../ga/gaconfig.h:244: fstream: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [randtest.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bisig/GA/galib245/examples'
make: *** [all] Error 2

The  CXX_INC_DIR varibale in makevars is set correctly. Therefore, I
presume the problems result from an incorrectly setup gaconfig.h.
Unfortunately, I don't  know how to gaconfig.h should be edited
correctly. Could somebody please assist me in getting through the
compilation.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards

      Daniel