GA within GA

Mineo Morohashi moro at mineo.com
Fri Apr 9 08:13:13 EDT 1999

Hello,

Is it possible to declare and run another GA within an objective
function, such as:

float objective(GAGenome& g)
{
  struct someData data;
  GARealAlleleSetArray map;

  GARealGenome* hoge = new GARealGenome(map,within_objective,data);
  GASimpleGA* hihi = new GASimpleGA((GARealGenome&)*hoge);

  hihi->evolve();

  return XXX;
}

float within_objective(GAGenome& g)
{
}

In my case, it's unlikely to work correctly. What happens is the
program suddenly stops just after 'hihi->evolve()' function in case of
above program style. Since the program doesn't printout any warning or
error message, I cannot figure out what has happened.

If there is anybody who knows something related to this problem, would
you let me know?

Thank you and best regards,
Mineo Morohashi       [moro at mineo.com]
ERATO Kitano Symbiotic Systems Project
Systems Biology Group
TEL: +81-3-5468-1661 FAX: +81-3-5468-1664