changing from gcc-2.7 to egcs-1.0.3s

Jan Braun Jan.Braun at zerberus.escape.de
Tue May 26 17:55:32 EDT 1998

Good evening everybody,

I'm going to get creasy about this.  A time ago I installed the galib
on my system.  It went pretty easy, I remember.  I used the gcc-2.7.2
on a Linux-System.

No, I updated because of problems with namespaces, STL-headers,
templates and so on from gcc- (or g++) 2.7.2 to egcs-1.0.3a, which is
derived from gcc-2.8.   And suddenly i have problems in compiling some
(simple) ga-programs.  Even some exapmles can't be compiled any more.
Sorry, I'm not honest.  Of course, they can be compiled, but the can't
be linked any more.  I tried to install a new lib, which I build,
using my new egcs-compiler, but that didn't change anything.

See, thats the compiliation-log:

g++ -c  -Wall -Wno-unused -g -DDebug -fguiding-decls rastrigin.cc
g++  -o rastrigin rastrigin.o -lga -lm
rastrigin.o: In function `GA1DArrayGenome<float> type_info function':
/a/zerberus/home/zerberus/jb/Programme/C/Genfuzz-distrib/Genfuzz/src/testsuite/rastrigin.cc:158: undefined reference to `GAGenome type_info function'
rastrigin.o: In function `GA1DArrayAlleleGenome<float>::GA1DArrayAlleleGenome(GAAlleleSetArray<float> const &, float (*)(GAGenome &), void *)':
/usr/local/include/ga/GARealGenome.C:45: undefined reference to `GAGenome type_info node'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [rastrigin] Error 1
make: Target `all' not remade because of errors.

The strangest thing to notice is, that i don't even have a function
GA1DArrayGenome<float> declared or used, neither
GA1DArrayAlleleGenome<float>.

Can anybody point me to something which might help.  Has anybody else
made this experience?  Whats going on, inside?

Thanks in advance

	Jan

--
                    Jan Braun <Jan.Braun at zerberus.escape.de>
   Rebenring 41 * D-38106 Braunschweig * Tel: 0531/334189 * Fax: 0531/334109