GNU C++ Compiler Problem

H. Brown Cribbs, III cribbs at gilligan.dfrc.nasa.gov
Fri Oct 24 11:18:23 EDT 1997

Raj:
   GNU C++ 2.7.2 cannot handle templates yet.  I too have
made that mistake and its a little irksome.  The next release
(version 2.8.0) is supposed to handle templates better.  For
now internal compiler errors, even for simple, straightforward
templates have a tendency of cropping up.

My only solution has been to generate concrete classes instead.
Sorry to hear someone else is having similar problems.

Sincerely,
Brown Cribbs

|  H. Brown Cribbs, III     |  Currently Visiting:        |
|  Graduate Research Asst   |    NASA Dryden Flight       |
|  Aerospace Engr. & Mech   |         Research Center     |
|  The Univ. of Alabama     |    Edwards AFB, CA          |
| mailto://cribbs@xrd.dfrc.nasa.gov            | MOTTO:   |
|   http://www.eng.ua.edu/~hcribbs             |  Semper  |
|  phone:(805) 942 - 8360 (home)               |   Audax  |
|        (805) 258 - 3417 (NASA)               |          |