Problems with GAlib under new Linux configuration

Georg Schoch schoch at mp-sun1.informatik.uni-mannheim.de
Tue Feb 18 11:22:26 EST 1997

Hi all,

I've been working with GAlib under Linux for several months
now without any serious problems. But now I've encountered
some difficulties:

Our system was updated to Linux 2.0.0 together with the new
GNU compiler (2.7.2.1) and the corresponding libraries
(especially libc.so.5.4.17). I recompiled my programs under
this environment and now they are crashing all the time. gdb
says that the errors occur in malloc() and __libc_free()
so I suppose the new libc library has got a bug...
I know this is not exactly a GAlib question, but has
anybody made similar experiences and is there a way
to solve the problem?

Thanks, Georg

--
Georg Schoch
Lehrstuhl Informatik V, Universitaet Mannheim
E-Mail:	schoch at mp-sun1.informatik.uni-mannheim.de
WWW:	http://www-mp.informatik.uni-mannheim.de/~schoch/www/