[fair-data-stewardship] Persistent URL service for semantic-web docs?

Donny Winston donny at polyneme.xyz
Wed Oct 13 10:03:03 EDT 2021

As a quick follow-up, I realize it could also work well to get an ARN NAAN (name assigning authority number) and set up resolution via n2t.net to a github pages static website (just like the w3id.org examples I gave, and then URLs like https://n2t.net/ark:12025/path/to/thing would resolve to your github pages site or whatever (the above is registered on n2t.net to resolve to "http://www.nlm.nih.gov/ark:$id" with suffix passthrough, i.e. https://www.nlm.nih.gov/ark:/12025/path/to/thing , which is a 404 of course. So you could give a n2.net URL as the canonical URL (like doi.org as canonical for a DOI) but have everything actually hosted on github pages or whatever,