[E&E seminars] Wind Week 2011 and workshop

Katherine Dykes dykesk at MIT.EDU
Thu Jan 6 12:59:22 EST 2011

Mark your calendars all!  The Wind Energy Group of the MIT Energy Club and
MIT Wind Energy Projects in Action are co-sponsoring MIT Wind Week 2011.
We've got a great series of events lined up including a wind energy 101
lecture, a lecture/discussion on European policies for wind system
integration, an IAP course on Wind Turbine System Design (ESD.940), and a
full day technical workshop on grid integration of wind energy.

For details check out:

http://web.mit.edu/windenergy/windweek/WindWeek.html

Note: Friday workshop requires REGISTRATION - free to MIT students and
minimal fee to others.  We've got a great set of international experts lined
up to speak all about the current status and future challenges of
integrating wind generated electricity into the grid.  Sign-up today!
<http://www.acteva.com/booking.cfm?bevaid=214227>

Guest lecturers include:

Charlie Smith, Executive Director, Utility Wind Integration Group

Dr. Michael Brower, CTO, AWS Truewind

Dr. Michael Milligan, Principle Analyst, NREL

Dr. Nicholas Miller, GE and Dr. Devon Manz, GE

Bill Henson, Senior Engineer Renewables Integration, ISO NE

Eric Ingersoll, CEO, General Compression, Inc.

Dr. Carsten Hein Westergaard, Global Technology Director, Vestas

Enjoy the holidays and see you at wind week in January!

Sincerely,

Katherine Dykes (on behalf of the Wind Energy Group and WEPA)