[E&E seminars] Symposium Agenda-Energy and Climate Policy Research

Frances K Goldstein fkg at MIT.EDU
Mon Jun 21 21:17:29 EDT 2010

Please join us JUNE 24 at an Afternoon Symposium to honor and pay tribute to Co-Founder and Co-Director Professor Henry D. "Jake" Jacoby of the MIT Joint Program on the Science and Policy of Global Change; the interdisciplinary research program on issues of global environmental change with a concentration on climate he co-founded in 1991with Co-Director Professor Ronald Prinn.

THURSDAY JUNE 24, 2010
1:00-5:30 p.m.
Wong Auditorium E51- Tang Center
Massachusetts Institute of Technology

"Perspectives on Energy and Climate Policy Research"

1:00 Professor Ronald G. Prinn, Co-Director, MIT Joint Program; Director, CGCS
Opening Remarks

1:30 Professor William F. Pounds, Dean Emeritus, MIT Sloan School of Management
Contributions to Energy Policy Research

2:00 Assistant Professor Mort D. Webster, MIT Engineering Systems Division
Uncertainty, Decision Making, and Climate Policy

2:30 Dr. Brian P. Flannery, ExxonMobil Corp., Environmental Policy & Planning
A Personal Private Sector Perspective: The Role of Integrated Assessment in the Climate Policy Debate

3:00 BREAK - Ting Foyer

3:30 Dr. Paul L. Eckbo, CEO and Dr. Arlie G. Sterling, President, Marsoft Inc.
>From Research to Practical Policy and Decision Support

4:00 Associate Professor Ian Sue Wing, Boston University, Geography & Environment
Induced Technical Change and Climate Policy

4:30 Professor Martin Zimmerman, University of Michigan, Ross School of Business
Regulating Fuel Economy: Where We’ve Been; Where We Are; Where We Are Going

5:00 Dr. John M. Reilly, Associate Director for Research, MIT Joint Program
Closing Remarks

Free and Open to the Public

Frances K. Goldstein
Center for Global Change Science
and
Joint Program on the Science and Policy of Global Change
@MIT
Bldg. E19-429K
Cambridge, MA 02139
ph:  +1.617. 253. 2682