[E&E seminars] Lecture TOMORROW (Weds. 4/9) by Energy Secretary Samuel Bodman - 11:30-12:15 - E15-070 (Bartos Theater)

Lara Pierpoint lpier at MIT.EDU
Tue Apr 8 13:27:07 EDT 2008

Hello All,

Please join the Energy Club tomorrow morning for a talk by the U.S. Energy
Secretary.    There will be lots of time for Q&A; we hope to see you there!

Lecture by U.S. Secretary of Energy Samuel W. Bodman

 "America's Energy Security: The Challenges We Face and How You Can Be Part
of the Solution"

Wednesday, April 9, 11:30AM-12:15PM, E15-070 (Bartos Theater)

Hosted by MIT Energy Club, MIT Energy Initiative, and MIT Washington D.C.
Office

This event is geared towards MIT students.

Abstract:  Secretary Bodman will discuss the twin challenges of increasing
our nation's energy security and addressing global climate change.  He will
highlight the Energy Department's critical role in carrying out our national
energy strategy and offer ways that MIT students can -- and should -- be
involved in this historic effort.

Secretary Bodman is an MIT alumnus (ScD '65) and a former Associate
Professor of Chemical Engineering.  His full bio can be found at
http://www.energy.gov/organization/samuel_bodman.htm.

Contact: Lara Pierpoint (lpier at mit.edu)

Lara Marie Pierpoint
Ph.D. Student, Engineering Systems Division

Massachusetts Institute of Technology

lpier at mit.edu