[E&E seminars] Reminder: RSVP to Take the Pledge! Nov 8, 6:30-8pm

Christopher Sequeira csequeir at MIT.EDU
Fri Oct 26 12:00:48 EDT 2007

== Take The Pledge! ==
With Aerospace Engineering senior Nicki Lehrer, Founder and President of
non-profit foundation Children of Guayaquil Inc.
(www.ChildrenOfGuayaquil.org)

November 8, 6:30 - 8pm
RSVP by Nov 4 at:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=gPh3p_2biNbWpPvAPPj4trsg_3d_3d

"I pledge to explore and take into account the social and environmental
consequences of any job I consider and will try to improve these aspects
of any organization for which I work."

At MIT we create innovations to help humanity – from business
strategies, to clean energy technologies, and everything in between.
However, to truly build a sustainable, abundant, and just world, we must
make social and environmental awareness a personal lifestyle.

The Pledge of Social and Environmental Responsibility encourages grad
students and undergrads to practice socio-environmental responsibility
in their courses, research, internships, and future careers. It began at
Humbolt State University 20 years ago and is now recognized at schools
across the world as a privilege and an honor to uphold.

We will offer the Pledge to MIT students on November 8th. Pledge-takers
will form groups to meet throughout the academic year and connect with
knowledge, careers, leadership opportunities, and one another.  Our
keynote speaker will be Aerospace Engineering senior Nicki Lehrer,
founder of Children Of Guayaquil, Inc. which is an organization that
provides education to Ecuadorian street children.

Please RSVP by November 4th.  We hope that you will take the Pledge!

The MIT Pledge Effort is supported by Students for Global
Sustainability, the Technology and Culture Forum, and the MIT Energy
Initiative's Education Office.

http://sustainability.mit.edu/Pledge