[E&E seminars] Help map the energy and environment landscape at MIT!

Daniel Enderton enderton at MIT.EDU
Thu Oct 25 00:13:57 EDT 2007

Ever wondered who else is doing solar research at MIT?  What sort of
energy emphasis you could do as a MechE major?  What do the different
student environmental groups do?  Or what early stage research or
project funding is available on campus?

If you're interested in environment and energy activities at MIT,
you've undoubtedly had these or similar questions.  As of yet, there
has not been a one-stop resource to help navigate the energy and
environment landscape at MIT.  So if it's not there, we'd better
create it!

What:  Help build a user-friendly interactive map of environmental
and energy research, education, and resources at MIT for the purposes
of internal navigation and collaboration and an external presentation
of all the amazing work being done here at MIT!

Where: 48-216A (Macomber Conference Room)

When: Wednesday, October 31, 4pm-5pm

Who: We're looking for a number of people to help define the scope
and vision of this project as well as review draft web sites (low
time commitment).  Also, we seek two student employees for paid
positions who will not only help form the plan, but also the
implement it (~10 hrs/wk)!

**COME TO VOICE YOUR IDEAS AND EAT PIZZA!!**

Questions / Comments:  Sarah Wood
(<mailto:swood at mit.edu>swood at mit.edu), Daniel Enderton
(<mailto:enderton at mit.edu>enderton at mit.edu)

[If you're able to attend, an RSVP is welcome but not required (helps
with ordering food).]