[Env seminars] "China: Opportunities & Challenges for the Chemical Industry", F.Keeth (Shell Chem) 3/2/06

Karen Gibson kgibson at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 22 11:09:54 EST 2006

Begin forwarded message:

> Technology Executives @MIT Lecture Series
>
> Sponsored by the Office of Corporate Relations
>
> Fran Keeth
> Executive Vice President
> Shell Chemicals
>
> "China: Opportunities and Challenges for the
> Chemical Industry in the Next Decade"
>
> Thursday, March 2, 2006 @ 5:00 pm
> Building 66 Room 110
> Refreshments to follow
>

> Abstract:
> Over the next 5 to 10 years China's continuing and rapid economic
> growth will offer very significant business opportunities for foreign
> chemical companies.  These will include opportunities to import
> products to China and to manufacture and trade within China. However
> those opportunities will come with significant changes. Shell
> Chemicals' global business strategy is increasingly focusing on China
> and Asian Pacific and Ms. Keeth will discuss how we approach the
> challenges and opportunities of doing business in China.
>
> Biography:
> Fran Keeth holds both global and regional positions with Shell. At the
> global level she is Executive Vice President Chemicals. At the
> regional level she is President of Shell Chemical LP, a US operating
> company. Fran is on the Board of the American Chemistry Council and
> chairs the Board Committee on Responsible Care as well as being a
> member of the Executive Committee and Long Range Research Committee.
> Fran also serves on the board of the International Council of Chemical
> Associations.
>
> Fran earned a bachelor's degree in accounting, an MBA and a JD degree,
> all from the University of Houston in Texas. She joined Shell Oil
> Company in 1970 where she held positions of increasing responsibility
> in the Head Office Finance and Tax departments. In 1988, she assumed
> the position of Assistant General Counsel, Litigation & Research. She
> was named General Manager, Auditing, in 1989, and General Manager,
> Products Finance, in 1991. In 1992, she moved to London to handle a
> series of assignments in Shell International Petroleum Company as
> Deputy Group Controller, Area Coordinator for the Far East, and
> Finance Manager, Oil Products.
> In 1996, Fran left Shell to join Mobil Corporation as Controller and
> Principal Accounting Officer. A year later, she returned to Shell and
> assumed the position of Executive Vice President (EVP) Finance and
> Business Systems, for Shell Chemicals Limited. She was appointed to
> the position of EVP - Customer Fulfilment and Product Business Units
> in 2001 and assumed her current role in January 2005.
>
> --

> *******
>  Cynthia C. Bloomquist '70
>  Associate Director, Office of Corporate Relations
>  Massachusetts Institute of Technology
> 292 Main St, E38-410, Cambridge, MA 02142       Assistant: Zianette
> Viera
> 1-617-253-8982; fax 1-617-253-0002
> viera at ilp.mit.edu, 617-253-0407
> [...]
Karen  L. Gibson
Program Assistant
MIT Laboratory For Energy and the Environment
77 Massachusetts Avenue, E40-469
(1 Amherst St., E40-469 - for DHL and FedEx)
Cambridge, MA 02139  USA
Tel:  1 (617) 258-6368; Fax:  1 (617) 258-6590