[Env seminars] Invitation to the 2006 MIT Manufacturing Conference (Modified by Karen Gibson)

Erica McDaniel ericamcd at MIT.EDU
Wed Apr 12 13:29:39 EDT 2006

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to extend a special invitation to you to join us at the
2006 MIT Manufacturing Summit: Manufacturing Research and Education in
the Global Economy, April 27-28th, at the Bartos Theater at MIT.  This
two-day conference will bring leaders from a wide range of industries
together to discuss issues at the forefront of the manufacturing
field.  The theme of the 2006 summit is “Manufacturing Research and
Education in the Global Economy,” an idea which has given rise to three
distinct focus areas. The first session “New Directions for
Manufacturing Research and Education,” will discuss the future of
manufacturing in the United States and aims to uncover the appropriate
research and educational response to these
developments.  “Manufacturing Systems and Information Technologies”
focuses on emerging information and networking technologies that are
revolutionizing manufacturing and supply chain efficiency.  The last
session, “The Role of Manufacturing in Renewable Energy,” explores the
promising new frontier of renewable energy sources, which will be
enabled by innovations in manufacturing.  Together, these three
sessions will reveal future trends in manufacturing and point to new
directions for both research and education.

Further information, including a schedule of the conference and event
registration, is available on our website
at http://web.mit.edu/lmp/summit.html.  The daytime sessions are free
to students and MIT faculty, who can register online
at https://web.mit.edu/lmp/registrationme.html.

We look forward to your participation in this exciting event!

Erica McDaniel
Laboratory for Manufacturing and Productivity
MIT Room 35-231
77 Massachusetts Ave
Cambridge, MA 02139
(617) 258-5622