[E&S-seminars] REMINDER - Ed Kern, Jr. to speak TONIGHT at 5:30PM in 4-237

Philip Sheehy sheehy at MIT.EDU
Tue Nov 18 09:58:48 EST 2003

The Students for Global Sustainability, MIT Student Pugwash, Engineers
Without Frontiers and Design that Matters invite you to:

Sustainable Development Seminar Series
Sustainable Energy

Renewable vs. Sustainable Energy
Edward Kern, Jr., MIT Laboratory for Energy and Environment
TONIGHT!! at 5:30PM in 4-237

How do we strike a balance between using today's extractable and depleting
resources and striving today to capture the promise of new and more costly
renewable energy technologies?  If we continue to embrace centralized power
technologies, what must we assume regarding benevolent governance and law
enforcement, civil liberties and addressing society's discontents that
would threaten the common good?  Dr. Kern will address the practical,
theoretical and philosophical differences between sustainable and renewable
energy in the context of sustainable development.

snacks and refreshments will be provided

http://events.mit.edu/scripts/event.pl?64345

sponsored by Large Event Funding

please forward to any interested parties