[ecco-support] ECCOv4r4 Arctic Cap to WGS-84 geocentric coordinate system conversion

Ahmed, Ashfaq ashfaq_ahmed at brown.edu
Thu Jun 27 09:30:57 EDT 2024

Good morning team,

I am a PhD student at Brown University, and I study the dynamics of the
near-surface circulation in the Arctic Ocean. As part of one of the
projects, I am trying to make an intercomparison between the ECCO sea ice
products (e.g., sea ice velocity, thickness, drift speed, curl, angle) with
other reanalysis products (e.g., NSIDC, OSI-SAF).

To make this comparison, I need to convert the Arctic cap into a WGS-84
geocentric coordinate system. Because the coordinate reference system (CRS)
for the rest of the products is WGS-84, and I want the ECCO to be the same
for a perfect comparison.

I did not find any document that might allow me to make this conversion.
Could you kindly help me with this? I would really appreciate any feedback
from you!

[image: Many thank to Brown University for sponsoring our 50th Anniversary
celebration]
Thanks,
*Ashfaq Ahmed* (he/his)
Doctoral Student,