[ecco-support] Accessing 'NVEL' Field using MATLAB?

Dorrian, Luke J ldorrian3 at gatech.edu
Wed Feb 2 17:52:38 EST 2022

Hello,

My name is Luke and I am using ECCOV4 data to construct streamfunctions of the AMOC. I have been reading the data through the 'UVEL' field using ncread() on MATLAB but found that I had to readjust data to reflect true north velocities. I read in the guide that the 'NVEL' field is a diagnostic output for the model and would that to use that instead. However, when looking through the .nc file using ncdisp(), I am not able to find the 'NVEL' variable. I am using data directly from ECCO's website and was wondering how I can access this data? It doesn't seem to be listed within the file that I've downloaded. If it's not there, could you point me in the right direction to getting a file with that field? That would be very helpful as otherwise I need to adjust the data each time I incorporate different sections of data in the Southern Hemisphere.

Thanks!

Luke Dorrian