[ecco-support] [EXTERNAL] Enquiry about including atmospheric forcings in ECCO adjoint iterations

Wang, Ou (US 329B) ou.wang at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Jun 8 16:25:41 EDT 2021

Hi Yongsu,

The forcing in https://ecco.jpl.nasa.gov/drive/files/Version4/Release3/input_forcing is the adjusted forcing (ERA-Interim plus control adjustments) and therefore already includes the dimensional control adjustments. The atmospheric control adjustments can be calculated by subtracting the unadjusted forcing (in other/input_forcing_unadjusted/) from the adjusted forcing (in input_forcing/). For instance, the control adjustment for downward shortwave in 1992 is eccov4r3_dsw_1992 (in input_forcing/) minus eccov4r3_unadj_dsw_1992 (other/input_forcing_unadjusted/).

The configuration for including the atmospheric controls is in https://ecco.jpl.nasa.gov/drive/files/Version4/Release3/other/atm_ctrls/.

Best regards,
Ou