[ecco-support] [EXTERNAL] Clarification of some ECCOv4r4 daily fields stored at NAS

Ashneel Chandra Ashneel.Chandra at uib.no
Fri Dec 17 13:08:07 EST 2021

Thanks for the clarification, Ou

Cheers
Ashneel

From: ecco-support <ecco-support-bounces at mit.edu> on behalf of "Wang, Ou (US 329B)" <ou.wang at jpl.nasa.gov>
Reply to: "ECCO support list, wider membership" <ecco-support at mit.edu>
Date: Friday, 17 December 2021 at 6:37 PM
To: "ECCO support list, wider membership" <ecco-support at mit.edu>
Subject: Re: [ecco-support] [EXTERNAL] Clarification of some ECCOv4r4 daily fields stored at NAS

Ashneel,

EXFuwind and EXFvwind are in the model x- and y-directions, not in the east-west and north-south directions.

Mixed-layer depth is determined by the depth where waters are first 0.8 degrees Celsius colder than the surface. See Kara et al. (JGR, 2000).

Although we are still keeping the ECCO V4r4 daily fields at NAS online, PO.DAAC is now the official host of ECCO V4r4 data (including daily fields). You can find them at https://podaac.jpl.nasa.gov/ECCO. Click the “Data” button on the left to find and download the data you want. The data are provided as NetCDF files, with updated meta data including the information that you are asking for.

Best,
Ou