[ecco-support] Clarification of some ECCOv4r4 daily fields stored at NAS

Ashneel Chandra Ashneel.Chandra at uib.no
Fri Dec 17 11:53:17 EST 2021

Hi,

I needed some clarification for a few ECCOv4r4 daily variables stored at NAS.
I wanted to know if the forcing variables EXFuwind and EXFvwind are in the traditional zonal (East-West) and meridional (North-South) directions or are they in the x and y directions for the tiles?
Also, I wanted to know what criteria the MXLDEPTH is based on and how it is estimated. Is it based on some density threshold?

Sincerely

Ashneel Chandra
PhD Candidate in Climate Dynamics
Geophysical Institute